Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Big Dipper here!

AndyMac

I suppose it would be rude of me not to announce my arrival - so here goes.

Believe it or not, I was NOT christened 'Big Dipper'! My real name is Andy & I live in Oxford. My primary interest is astrophotography - though I do observe with my scope as well.

I've owned 3 scopes since 1990 - a 4" Bresser refractor, an 8" SCT & my current scope, an 11" SCT which I've had since 1991. I also have an obsolete CCD camera, the ST4, which I use for guiding. Various health problems have stopped me imaging so much in recent years - but I still like to get out regularly - say once in every 10 years. :)

I partly blame the computer for not getting out so much now as I am a member of several forums, all of which keep me busy. I look forward to participating in this one, too. :)

Welcome Big Dipper,

You have had your share of nice scope's over the years and it's good to see they have got better and better along the way.

As Rob as said already we look forward to your future post's with great interest.

Health problems eh had a few the past 2 years but i am ok now, hope your ok and you can get out more often with the scope now and in the future.

Regards

James :)

To be honest Rob I don't get as much pleasure out of it as I once did. A balance problem (which gets worse after dark) coupled with muscle problems (which makes squatting at the telescope & getting up again difficult) have both caused me problems. Just getting old, I guess.

Sorry to hear that Andy... well you were a great help to me back in 2001 (yes 2001 :shock: ) to work my way around the sky!. Hope you can share your knowledge here for others also m8.

Rob

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for joining. I know you spread yourself thin with so many forums to keep up on. But we'll appreciate any input you can make.

That setup has served you well and produced excellent results.

Looking forward to forward posts

Russ

Archived