Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m39 i think?

jonnyboy

Lovely image there of what seems to me to be an open cluster, which I can't imagine getting much more interesting than that. Got a bit of vignetting going on there. No idea how to solve that <coughPHOTOSHOP!!cough>

nicely captured. How long was the exposure, and what scope and camera were you using?

AP

Hi JB a lot of vignetting as been said . what was the set up etc ,as for exposures ,u wont need much for clusters unless you are seeking any nebulosity that may surround them , even a single exposure would be enough , but short exposures maybe about 20 to keep the noise level down or a single one of 10 mins .

Rog

certainly not for clusters , maybe on globs though with your ED 100 and ccd , its not that Great a field , so i would have thought that open clusters and globs and even smaller galaxies would be fine , u can use a reducer then to get an even wider field of view , for the larger nebula and galaxies , M31 would be a task thought to get fully in , i can only just get it in with my ed 80 AT f5 .

Rog

Archived