Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon and Jupiter

LukeSkywatcher

yes, shame!

I think I saw about 2 or 3 perseids back then on the 1 night that there was a cloud gap, or should that be clear gap!

I had a good 3 hours last night/this a.m. and Jupiter was pretty decent with 3 moons in a straight line to one side. Funnily enough, going to Uranus it looked smaller than last week. And having the moon filling the eyepiece too. ;)

And great fun looking at the clusters in Perseus, around Mirfak and the "pairs" around Aldebaran. Something I like finding is close pairs, but then if they're not "named" it's difficult to know more. I suppose I need to note the RA/DEC and see if I could look up a catalogue or such.

And sunny today again and met office says more clear sky tonight. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, I have to apologise. It's my fault that it's cloudy - I bought a QHY5 & EQmod. I know, I know. Sorry. :D

Glad to hear the cold has gone. The weather's meant to be turning colder though with frosty clear nights comming. Soon we'll all be complaining that we haven't had enough sleep! :)

Mark

Paul, I have to apologise. It's my fault that it's cloudy - I bought a QHY5 & EQmod. I know, I know. Sorry. :D

Glad to hear the cold has gone. The weather's meant to be turning colder though with frosty clear nights comming. Soon we'll all be complaining that we haven't had enough sleep! :)

Mark

Amen to that. I cant wait to once again start observing at 6-7pm and finish at 6-7am.

Archived