Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astroplanner v2

Stefan P

Hi all,

After reading a discussion in another thread, I downloaded Astroplanner v1, and immediately remembered on opening it that this was a package I registered a while back. Curious as to whether my registration was still valid I emailed the developer - who confirmed it was, and now I have a fully functional copy on my machine to play with! Already been creating some observing lists and trying to get a little more organised with observation evenings as clear nights seem to roll around so infrequently around here at the moment.

My question is to anyone that has registered v2 of Astroplanner. I haven't had time to download and try out the beta, and despite being a registered v1 user there is a cost implicaton in the upgrade (not much, but I like to be sure!). Would fellow users suggest the upgrade is worth it? I purely use the application to plan observing sessions (although I intend to also start using it for recording observations ... time the notepads went away and I joined the electronic age!), in other words I am not connecting it to a telescope to control.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the replies, I'll be definitely checking it out.

Atharh, I know for one thing the catalogue download is unavailable in the features until you unlock it. It seems to be the way they track registration - you need to download one catalogue that is in "red" on the downloads page, which requires your registration to do so.

Archived