Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

u think u got problems with the neighbours lights!

starstalker

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flares aside, it looks like you actually have a great spot there! I'm at the edge of a city and would swap it for your views and the occasional flare anyday! :-)

it is actually a very nice spot u can clearly see the milky way with your naked eyes! (when not being attacked by the army!lol)

As I recall there are minimum flight altitudes for the Armed forces during peacetime.

They must also adhere to the same light/noise pollution rules as everyone else.

That said dont get all uppity at them, theres such a phrase as 'to the letter of the these orders' which is used to gleefully be a pain in the rear end.

Best thing to try if you want to see a particular astro phenomena then simply make a request to the appropiate base commander, maybe offer to allow those interested to come and have a look, or offer to go to them (thier playtime sites are often quite dark when not in use) and give a tour of the object/skies. You might get good results, you never know, depends on the decency of the commander.

there are minimum flight altitudes for the Armed forces during peacetime.

If so, imposed only by mechanical interference between the aircraft & ground.

The height of my lounge window is 59 feet above mean sea level. I have on numerous occasions observed military helicopters flying over the sea so low that I was seeing the rotor disk from the top side. Civilian R22s and JetRangers - and the same military choppers - operating at 500' are actually much more of an issue because the noise footprint is much bigger.

Archived