NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First proper look tonight...I LIKE IT!!

Well had a good hour tonight, still abit cloudy, but had some great views of the moon, really made me smile to see all those craters, old news to you guys but gave me the "woo" factor:D.

Of course with Jupitar to the left of it had to have a look, more "woo's", could only see 4 moons (believe theres 5?) and could just make out a brown(ish) band going around, i can get to like this hobby with all thats out there waiting for me to find it.

Ok a few questions, what EP's do you think i should get?

the ones i have are 10mm and 25mm and a 2x barlow,

the ones that came with the scope (skywatcher 130p)

tried a combination of all 3 on Jupitar and of course the best was the 10mm but like i said could only just make out the brown band, am i expecting to much?.

So my next spend is EP's so over to you guys......

Congratulations - glad you like it !.

Jupiter has 63 moons (probably more by now !) but only 4 are visible through the sort of scopes that you and I have access to !.

Spend time on objects like Jupiter (like an hour or two). The more you observe it, the more detail you will see. Your eye will become "trained" to pick up the detail but it takes time so try and resist the urge to throw £'s at it right now :)

Well had a good hour tonight, still abit cloudy, but had some great views of the moon, really made me smile to see all those craters, old news to you guys but gave me the "woo" factor:D.

Of course with Jupitar to the left of it had to have a look, more "woo's", could only see 4 moons (believe theres 5?) and could just make out a brown(ish) band going around, i can get to like this hobby with all thats out there waiting for me to find it.

tried a combination of all 3 on Jupitar and of course the best was the 10mm but like i said could only just make out the brown band, am i expecting to much?.

brilliant - glad you are happy.

if the wow factor starts to disappear - find some more targets! the moon for me is one of the most amazing things in the sky. try and do the lunar 100 http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-lunar-solar/114080-useful-lunar-100-list.html it gives you something to find to hone your skills and is also fun!

I agree with John re more spending. take a bit of time to find out what's missing first and enjoy the gear you have - also observe by staring for minutes on end (cloud permitting!) and you'll see more.

did exactly same as you bcfcciderhead my first trips out over last two days (loved it) identical scope and ep,s too lol. was thinking same next step better ep,s :)

Archived