Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sp880 (900NC) Jupiter + GRS & Transit

Rob

Well would you think it.. the non imager here has managed an image!!. Taken with the modded SP880 In Craterlet - 20FPS for 20 Sec. Put through Registax 5.1

200P DS with 2x Shorty Plus - No IR Filter.

post-12654-133877483335_thumb.jpg

post-12654-133877483338_thumb.jpg

Nice pictures, it's interesting to see how different settings and equipment compare against each other. Rather than start a new thread, I thought it might be best to add my first image here as it's of the same thing with the same camera :)

This was with a Nexstar 6SE with the camera plugged directly into the back of the OTA (no barlow) and a Baader Neodymium filter. Captured at 10fps for ~2 minutes.

I think I may have over cooked it in Registax as my original capture was quite dark so I had to bump up the brightness quite a bit. It's not as natural looking as yours. I'll have to play around with the cam settings next time around to see if I can get it a bit brighter without washing out the detail. I'll also have to try with a barlow as well next time as I didn't realise it would come out so small! :)

post-20251-133877483356_thumb.jpg

Archived