Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Under British Skies Episode 7

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

Episode 7 of UBS is all about Citizen Science in Astronomy. It promises to be very good (even if I do say so myself!)

This month, we've got an interview with Dr Chris Lintott, we talk to some of the 'Zooites' about the fun they've had with the Zooniverse, and Nick and I discuss the Skywatcher 12" Goto Dobsonian from the Salisbury Star Party.

The show goes out live on the 3rd Sunday of the month, which is the 19th September this month. It runs from 21:00 to 23:00 BST, and is repeated at 4 hourly intervals throughout the following day. A podcast will be available from Wednesday next week for download also.

You can tune in at Astronomy.FM - A Universe of Possibilities - click on the 'Listen Now' button in the top right had corner.

If you join us live, you can also join us in chat on the Astronomy.FM website.

See you there!

Cheers,

Richie

Download.... the last one I found for download is number 3 or so. I am not organised enough to tune in live and so rely on being able to download the broadcast and then listen to it in little bit-sized chunks on my commute to work over a week or so. The shows I have managed to hear have been very good and informative, I hadn't even realised that you still do them till I found this post.

Can you point me to where I can get the downloadable versions?

Thanks

PEterW

.... also be useful to try to keep the file size down a bit. I found some more of your shows with a little hunting and portable devices made by a certain company that like to use the letter "i" don't seem to like files >100Mb being uploaded. Nothing I can't fix though.

Keep up the good work, look forward to hearing many more shows!

PEterW

I fed the mp3 into iTunes and told it to encode as AAC at 'audio quality'... seems to sound OK, speech does not need 128kBit stereo....! 2hrs a month of Astro chat is going to take some time to listen through... good medicine for the "Clouds Blues"! Can you post links to the show notes too.... some links I missed when listening.

Cheers

PEterW

Off topic:

Richie,

Are you on the cover of this month's Astronomy Now? :icon_salut:

I was in Sainsbury's at the weekend and I noticed what appeared to be your avatar on the shelves sandwiched inbetween a girly magazine and top gear magazine.

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes - I am afraid so.... Sorry to ruin your vision!

Thanks Peter :icon_salut:

The podcasts are now up for Episodes 4, 5 and 7 - 6 was our Meteorwatch special, and I haven't sorted it out yet :( I also can't find Ep 4's shownotes ;) Hope someone has a copy somewhere!

Visit here: Under British Skies | *AFM*Radio

Thanks for listening!

Cheers,

Richie

Archived