Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 10/09/10

Gadget

Jupiter 10/09/10 1:15 am seeing not very good at all image very blurry and wobbly unable to even use a barlow could this be due to previous heavy rain that is now evaporating and distorting the atmosphere? Can it affect it like this?

Anyway got a couple first is untouched and second and third has gone through GIMP

Not sure which is best

Thanks

Kevin

post-16611-133877480949_thumb.jpg

post-16611-133877480955_thumb.jpg

post-16611-133877480961_thumb.jpg

Hi again, Kevin. What do you think of the Revelation Crayford? Does it make focusing a lot easier?

Best regards,

Ralph

Hi Ralph and thx for the comments

The camera is the Philips SPC900NC webcam

The revelation is a great bit of kit for the money and essential for me as I have quite a bit of image shift when trying to focus which is common in SCT’s its great for getting that fine focus at high powers also

I would highly recommend one

Kevin

Thanks for the reply Kevin. You have got great detail with the webcam, particularly in such poor seeing.

I am using the older Toucam 840K. Very interested in your views on the Revelation. I use a C8 and find the focusing quite coarse and difficult to get sharp focus. The image does shift a bit also, which can be annoying. Will seriously consider the Revelation - it seems very well priced. Many Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ralph:)

Very nice small scale images!

seeing not very good at all image very blurry and wobbly unable to even use a barlow could this be due to previous heavy rain that is now evaporating and distorting the atmosphere? Can it affect it like this?

Yes ... the atmosphere is very unstable at the moment (hence the showers), this means that there is likely to be a lot of turbulence which causes poor seeing.

Very nice small scale images!

Yes ... the atmosphere is very unstable at the moment (hence the showers), this means that there is likely to be a lot of turbulence which causes poor seeing.

Thanks for clarifying that for me brianb

I have also just figured out how to increase and cut the image size now and uploaded it

I assume this is what you have to do with a smaller image ?

Thanks

Kevin

post-16611-133877481302_thumb.jpg

Archived