NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Jupiter in 25 years.

Earl

Its a long time since I looked at Jupiter through my Telementor.

As we have Clearish skies, there is some whispy stuff floating about, I decided to get the EQ5 out and put my 8" SCT on, which is my first Scope Observing session in months.

All a bit of the cuff tonight so no Alignment other than a rough "thats North" were on the Grab and Go.

LOL Grab and go I wish!

I was also accompanied by rustling and snorting (and the odd apple dropping of the trees) I have head this before so tonight Im going to settle what's making this noise!

So back to Jupiter.

OUCH its bright ! my filters are stashed im so unprepared !

Starting with my 32mm I can see 3 moons... ones hiding! and the NEB, which also hints a little colour.

The EQ5 is not motorised so I center up and grab my 6.7.

This is fuzzy Im struggling to get a crisp image, and its still overpoweringly Bright but I can see a black dot, which answers my missing moon as one is in transit.

Back to the 32mm for a nice image, and just observe for a while, before I go off looking for M31, which is a nice big fuzzy :)

I did try to find Uranus but no joy, bring on the goto :hello2: I have never been good at star hopping !

Well even though its 25 years since I last look at Jupiter, its still an amazing sight, and I cant wait to get the webcam on this.

Oh and.

Cold and Damp !!

LOVE IT !:blob10:

Oh and as for the noise.

we have a pair of Hedgehogs !!!

I knew you were going to say Hedgehogs before i read the punchline......they are noisy blighters :blob10:

25 years...wow that's some time with out a view of Jupiter. It's a fantastic sight at the moment, sounds like you enjoyed the view.

I would have thought your 11mm TV Plossl would be the ideal eyepiece for the job with a mag of 181x?

Archived