NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Not a happy bunny

I supose that its too much to ask of a manufacturer to supply bits of kit that actually fit, or am I expecting too much of a camera that costs the best part of £600 to have a nose piece that actually goes inside the 2" to 1 1/4" reducer, maybe I could selotape it on or maybe Atik could actually have made it the right size or maybe they dont use CNC or Quality control? Not at all impressed, I know that I could skim a few thou off but thats not the point I Shouldnt have to!

Why don't you contact the company you bought it from - they will certainly bend over backwards to sort you out.

Regardless of the amount something costs, sometimes things go wrong - let them know and I'm sure you'll be sorted.

Cheers

Ant

Why don't you contact the company you bought it from - they will certainly bend over backwards to sort you out.

Regardless of the amount something costs, sometimes things go wrong - let them know and I'm sure you'll be sorted.

Cheers

Ant

I dont think for one second that the company who I bought it from will hesitate to sort it. I have had nothing but first class service from Neil and Lee at Greenwitch. However these bits are done by CNC so there should not be a fitting issue. Truth be known I would probably have been more tollerant if it wasnt for the fact that only a few weeks ago I had the exact opposite effect with a nextar camera, its fit was in the league of throwing a sausage up an entry.

Cheers

Ant

Full marks to Greenwitch, quick phone call to Lee, sorted with replacement nosepiece.

However these bits are done by CNC so there should not be a fitting issue.

Just because it is 'CNC' doesn't mean it is perfect -- you still get errors and random variation. You're less likely to get them than in manual machining of course, but the truth is that CNC is of the most benefit to the manufacturer, because they can keep the machines running 24/7 and produce far more bits.

Anyway, glad you're getting a replacement sent out ASAP.

Which bit is out of tolerance, the nosepiece or the 2-1.1/4 reducer?

It was the nose piece, 0.2 mm too big. I thought that I was losing the plot for a while when I couldnt get it into any of my reducers :). But as I said earlier Lee sorted it out without any hastle, oh and yes it does fit :blob10:

Archived