SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter sept 4 th

neil phillips

Not as good as my last outing, but still a nice night, thanks goes out to peter who gave me a filter wheel for some RGB with DMK, and john whos helping me with some problems, and sold me hes DMK

Thanks guys

not the best here but im learnng

RGB type 2 filters DMK

both resized

4962446572_1f835f8156_o.png

DBK

4962440346_66f7ba53f9_o.png

Interesting comparison, getting colour aligned perfectly with RGB image can be a problem especially with the blue. RGB looks pretty good compared with DBK image.

Used Regx to tuck blue in a bit.

John.

post-15219-133877479895_thumb.png

Thanks Guys

just experimenting Karlo, as i wanted a DMK for lunar and venus. im going to be doing both maybe, single shot and RGB, at least untill i find my feet, but the DBK can not be underestimated, It does have some slight advantages, though sensetivety is not one of them. But still a no hassle powerful camera, plus i get to go for a fag and come back with a DBK, try that during a rgb run lol

Not sure what free software ive got for doing that John Gimp im not up on with knowledge, dont have paintshop anymore. Really need some new software like CS3 and a crash course on how to use it. i suppose we are talking you just running it through reg, then pasting over were the moon should be is that correct ?

Neil, I use Maxim for realigning RGB but for your Jupiter I used Regx which allows blue and red to be moved which is really all you need. For blending you may be able to do it with PS Elements which is 8bit but not sure as I saved for CS3 which is the best software for the layer blends at 16bit - mostly for deep space.

John.

Archived