Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 2/9/10 - first ever

TheThing

My first ever attempts at imaging Jupiter last night. Taken with the SW 200 at approx 100x. First is about 500 frames of 712 stacked in Registax, the second is 1600 frames from 2000.

They are quite small due to magnification and I know that I need to add my 2x Barlow or 4x Imagemate next time. All my equipment is pretty new to me, so I'm just finding my way round with it at the mo.

It's a step up the learning curve from the moon and certainly much better than the burnt out blobs of Saturn I was obtaining with an LPi.

20100902Jupitercropped.bmp

20100902Jupiter1cropped.bmp

I'm quite please that in the first image above you can make out 3 moons (very faintly!) as well. IIRC, left to right, Europa, Io and Callisto.

Itching to have another go with the barlows. Shame it's not looking good for tonight!

I think they're great images.I love the way you've captured the moons as well which is something I can't manage myself but would love to be able to do so I could make a jpeg movie of them while they orbit Jupiter.Keep up the good work.

Archived