Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 130 Synscan Goto Telescope!

Hi All,

Very excited to have received my new telescope although very confused with the setup.

Does anyone have a skywatcher 130 synscan goto?

At the moment when I test search objects such as the moon the telescope doesnt get any where close.

As far as I am aware I have put in the correct Lat & Lon details. My mobile gave me Lat and Lon which the handset did not accept so I had to convert it. Is this where the problem lies? I have also left the time zone at +00.00 for the UK, is this correct?

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Lee

Skywatcher1981

Hi,

What threw me when I first had my scope (127 mak on the same GoTo) was that the Longitude is expressed as East or West and Latitude is expressed as North or South. I got it all upside down and back to front. Once I got that right the other thing I found was crucial was to get the mount is level. Even slightly off and it wouldn't locate properly. Once I got that sorted it worked spot on every time.

Revs: Noticed the same omission.;):D:D

Lee, roughly where are you, just the town or West London if the place is too big.

After that best if you recall exactly what you did and entered. Know it is a lot but then someone may then be able to point out which of the many bits of data you have to set up could be wrong.

If you happen to have entered Long and Lat in the wrong order don't worry, someone else did that and for 3 weeks swore blind that the scope was wrong until someone else literally went to help him, put them in the right order and everything was fine. The scope was thinking it was somewhere around the equator and near Belize.:D:eek:

More likely is that you will realise it yourself. That happens very often.:o:rolleyes::)

The data is in a US format and is oddly strange to us.

Archived