Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Party for non-driver

dark star

This is probably a silly question, but has anyone gone to a star party who doesn't drive? I really want to go to a dark sky site, as I live on the outskirts of London.

As I don't drive, and neither does my wife, I have being thinking of various mad schemes involving bikes, trains, rucksacks, telescopes etc..

But if you add the weight of a telescope to a tent this is not very practicle!

I guess the only possible way is an astronomy friendly bed and breakfast, I know there is one in Scotland, or turn up with a tent and some binoculars and look through other people's telescopes!

you would be more than welcome at our starcamp, dumfries & galloway early nov... or any other i think,??? with just binns, many folk only too happy to let you have a peek, seen it many times. kielder autumn in early oct may have some non lecky pitches, or even huts left. go on go for it, you will love it.

cheers , the dweeb

Kielder has the hobbit hutches that you could hire, there is also a B+B in the village. Looking through other folks scopes wouldn't be a problem either, real friendly bunch up there. Of course it would have to be the spring SP as this Autumn is fully booked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived