NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Tube Rings

weareborg

Chubster,

You do the same thing as in Jaffa's link, the second set sit next to the existing set. When you loosen the main set to rotate the scope, you can be sure the OTA won't slide down and either scratched or knock your whole rig over!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats the one,

Its a tip I picked up from Gaz a while back: You put the second set either both inside inside or both outside the existing set. The original rings can be loosened and the tube rotated without risk of the tube sliding fore and aft. That way, the tube remains balanced on the mount.

Rubber hose, wooden rings, whatever, so long as they act as a second set of rings.

Go to a haberdashery [sp], they sell wooden rings - which are used to hold some fabric tight while they embroider (I think).

You can get these at various sizes. I've seen these work quite well.

Ant

I have wondered about using these to make a mylar solar filter holder.

The Wilcox rings look pretty good. I think you could probably to the same with an old piece of garden hose.

Archived