Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12.5mm steel plate

simon84

I made an enquiry today for some 12.5mm steel plate flame cut to 300mm diameter, I was after two of them and the company I contacted were told that I would come and collect as it was just a small one off.

Not one single reply or phone call in 2 days, flippin rubbish.

Does anyone in the south essex area use any metal supply companies for just the odd bit here and there?

I wouldnt mind but I've used these guys before and they replied to me within about 5 minutes. Ahwell.

Its for making a new pier top, the original one I made is ok, but its a bit on the small side to fit my new ali pier adapter that I'm making.

The cheapest way to make a substantial pier comes from a builders yard. Ingredients:- 1 off 600x600 x50 paving block for base, 2off 200x200x400 hollow concrete blocks for pier, 1off 300x300x25 block for pier top, 1 length of 12mm screwed rod plus nut and washers, suitable masonry drill if not already available. Drill through the centre of each item and then bolt the lot together with the screwed rod having first faced them with cement/grout/adhesive. The resulting pier can be rawl bolted to the area prepared for the pier and the top block can be drilled to accept the mount.

I have got a bit of 300mm flat bar at work which I don`t think is 12.5mm but is 10mm thick. I would have to check on Monday though. I could cut them into a 300mm dia disc easy enough with the plasma cutter, then post them on to you. The only expense would be the postage which should be less than £20 for UK.

Pier is already in place and is fully functional, just looking to improve the top that I already have.

Phil 10mm would be ok, if you can get a couple of 300mm diameter discs for me that would be fantastic. Send me a PM monday if you can and I'll either arrange collection my end or I can paypal you some money over.....let me know. Thankyou very very much. ;)

Hi Phil, I just checked your location aswell, yes not too far away at all. I'll sit down tomorrow and draw a map for all the holes for each plate as they do differ slightly.

Not sure how you want to do this if you can help me but I'm more than happy to come to you.

Cheers.

Archived