Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nearing Solar Perfection

Solar B

Well Iam quite happy with this wee scope , everything has finally come together this summer and even small refinements like the Tak prism have made a real difference , there is something intoxicating about the perfect full disc view it offers...so smiles all round :D

Oh and i should say its an SV50 and bought from a fellow SGLer.

Brian

post-13178-133877472638_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian.

For us folk, who love the views and pics produced by these scopes, could you possibly tell us how the scope is made up?

I take from ur 1st post that the body is a Stellarvue SV50. What's all the rest and how does the etalon(?) attach to the front.

Sorry for the questions, but since seeing that gargantuan solar flare, last Kielder, I find it all most interesting.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hey Andy

I don,t mind answering your questions at all and as ive

previously stated i think your questions are bang on the money.

The SV50 is one of these Solarscope H-alpha Solar Filters and Telescopes and is a dedicated Solar Telescope , as the 50 denotes

it has a 50mm front mounted etalon that cannot be removed, it and its larger counsin the SV60 are unique in having internally mounted Blocking filters (20mm) which are located near the EP end so you would use a diagonal as normal , most other systems incorporate the Blocking Filter into a dedicated diagonal.

You are more than welcome (weather permitting) to use the scope at Kielder ,indeed i expect to see a few more HA scopes there this Autumn than are normally present :D

Brian

Ahh Solarview.

I saw SV and presumed Stellarvue.

Thanks for the link. Most informative. Me n Allison shall defo be on the lookout for any solar scopes when we are down and would be delighted to have a wee shifty through yours !

Cheers,

Andy.

Archived