NAN Pelican

ollypenrice

A semi mosaique since the two panels largely overlapped. Colour from the Atik 4000 one shot at 328mm in the FSQ85.

Bless him, Tom O'Donoghue sent me some great Ha he took here in July in our Baby Q at 450mm in his gi-normous Atik 11000. The Ha layer was, as is usual for Tom, perfect. He sent it as a JPEG but I saw no defects as a result.

Cheers,

Olly (and Tom.)

974468966_gUENg-XL.jpg

I did a bit more work on this one to bring up the contrasts. Interestingly this is the first time I have managed to add a lot of Ha to red without changing the colour. The colour on the pre-Ha version is almost identical but bringing down the red in curves each time I applied Ha was the trick.

Olly

977990121_7y5J3-XL.jpg

Thanks Michael. How long on the processing? Hmmm, can't be sure but this was a two panel mosaic so it took a bit longer. On the other hand it was all pretty easy and went well. Maybe six hours, all in, from raw data to the end. Remember that the Ha was a present from Tom O'Donoghue and came ready processed to his usual impeccable standard.

You can spend as long as you like really, just tickling up little details like bright stars. When an image is difficult, as M33 was, you spend a long time experimenting and starting again.

Olly

Archived