Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good ol' heavens above/ return of the pleaides

Checked the site for iridiums, said there would be one 0.56am this morning so i stayed up to view it and behold at 0.56m a -8 mag glow appeared in the south west.

Another pleasant sight was the return of the seven sisters- so great night!

rich

I, too, was chuffed to not the return of M45 last night. Was up quite late and, just before bed, they popped up over some trees, twinkling away in that beguiling way of theirs, accompanied to the west by golden Capella and to the south by the Hyades too. Good times...

Alas, Orion is still hidden by some rather inconsiderate trees for me. I think I still have a good couple of weeks before he pokes his head up properly! Auriga's up and about though, which is nice, and Taurus, so not long to go lol.

I spotted the Sisters last week while looking for Perseids. It was lovely to see them again. I dont know if it is because it has been so long since i saw them last or the fact that i was using the 70mm widefield scope but i hardly recognized them at first.

Archived