NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheap Celestron Firstscopes

CGolder

Looks like argos are selling off the remaining stock of their firstscopes,

Link Here

23.99 + 2.99 del

I guess the person who took the pic doesn't know anything about scopes, i wouldn't fancy trying to look through that scope in that position.

I owned one of these and are a great value little starter scope

have you seen the negative feedback on this seller 277 in one month

beware if buying

And nearly 24k positive in the same month which is around 98.8% positive in the last month ... and 250k positive (ok with around 1900 negative) in the last 12 months...

Billy...

These are fantastic little scopes. I recently took one (Skywatcher version) on our trip to Europe and the UK. It travelled very well in my carryon hand luggage and didn't need any adjusting. Colimation can be an issue as the primary mirror is fixed but by adjusting the secondary, reasonable collimiation can be achieved. The eyepieces that come with them are rubbish so get rid of them. They are a great wide field scope well suited to clusters and take magnification well. I usually use mine with a 2x barlow when observing after locating the object with a 20mm Meade wide field eyepiece. I was going to sell mine when I got home but am now hanging onto it. Enjoy yours.

I'm assuming (haven't tested yet) that the mirror, although a fast f4, is spherical so there will be some aberrations...

I've just bought another for a ten year old grandkid; I'm sure he'll love it to bits! Might throw in an old Kellner though.

Ken

Archived