Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

blue edge

TopHouse

Does anyone else get the bluey greeny edge on their capture with toucam/spc900? here's a grab from one of my avi's. (brightness increased to highlight it) all my jupiter attempts have it and i tend to use the regi rgb align to pull it out, just wondering if it's normal or if not, what's causing it.

post-18181-133877467128_thumb.jpg

its not the camera or the scope, its the atmosphere refracting different wavelengths of light a different amount... if you look, you have a red fringe on the other side. This effect gets worse the closer to the horizon the object is.

you can correct thiw RG missalignment by using the rgb allign tool at registax and move the red and blue channles until they are ok. also i would suggenst to check the alignment of your optics if u are using a newton telescope because color alignment is also affected by optics alignment along with the atmosphere.

To give an idea of what they mean, in photoshop open the picture you posted. Open channels. Nudge the blue down 6, right 2. In the red channel nudge up 1. It's close enough for you to see the misalignment.

Hope that helps.

Dave.

If you go into Registax and load the picture. Then go to the 'Wavelets' tab and press 'RGB Align'. Click 'Estimate' and Robert is your father's brother.

Notice the coloured lines around the edge of the image. This is where Registax has re-aligned the pixels in each channel - you could crop these out. The image could probably also benefit from a little bit of the 'levels' command in Photoshop or similar to darken the background a bit.

post-13232-133877467882_thumb.jpg

Archived