Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another convert to FTDI based EQDir adaptors

Psychobilly

Another step into the wonderful world of GEM's...

I got the 5V FTDI cable this morning and knocked up the adaptor so I can ditch the Handset if I want to...I'll knock another one up next week for the other mount...

The 5 day forecast is cloud all the way through so I'll have some time to play about with EQMOD Ascom setup...

Thanks to Karlo for digging out the info for me - Cheers Matey :mad:

Peter...

:mad:... Nice one Peter... it'll work great with that HEQ5 and presumably the eq3-2 as well...

EQ3 Pro was the first port of call and then onto the HEQ5...

A weekend of simulated use awaits... Trying to decide which Planetarium prog to use ...

Just watched it perform its first auto meridian flip... although I'm still not 100% "GEM" friendly...

Simple as the cable is to make - I still checked and double checked everything... didnt want to kill my £5 HEQ5...

it's looking incresing likely that the MC unit of the EQ3 Pro is the cause of the issues with Autoguiding problems.. ho hum...

Certainly easier on the Pocket Ken... less than £18 including the mid cable joint box and grommets and I didn't buy the FTDI cable from the cheapest source - It was just easier to use the company Farnell account to get free shipping...

Peter...

Pete,

I'd go with Carte du Ciel V3. Works well with all the ASCOM software/ hardware and has extensive access to every catalogue under the sun!

I am having some issues with it Ken.. I am running a Beta of V3 and it seems to occasionally get its knickers in a twist... its saying the telescope isnt connected even though its responding to slew requests etc... I have more extensive catalogs for CDC and its less CPU hungry than the Sky 6 Pro...

The Sky 6 Pro seems to be working fine...

Which release ver of CDC V3 are you running and do you have a working link to a download site please...

Peter...

I have also got all the catalogs for CDC v3 including the multi GB ones... just need it to be a bit more co-operative... :D

Looks like the scope choser dialogue wasnt popping to the front... had to Alt-Tab to it...

looking better now made a bit of room for the EQMOD Ascom Driver window as well.. thats the only trouble with runnign on the netbook...... :mad:

Peter, I use Hallo Northern Sky for my planetarium, works a treat with ascom and eqdir. Just used my obs for the first time in 3 weeks last night, so much cloud about, and the first align star was near centre of the little H9 chip right away. Very accurate :mad:

Archived