Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DMK avi format?

I've been doing some video capture with my DMK using the supplied IC Capture software. If I click on the avi files produced, neither Windows media player or quicktime will play them. iMerge also does not show anything. However, Registax loads them, displays the images and can process them. Am I missing something to play the files, or am I using the wrong setting in IC Capture?

I'm using the Y800 codec. Do I need to download a codec for media player or quicktime? I also get occasional files that won't play in anything. Also, ICCapture will freeze sometimes during use, requiring me to close it down and restart it (I think its associated with making a selection in the program). My laptop runs Vista premium. Is it worth upgrading to Lucam or some other capture software?

I would say though that the camera is great and 99% of the time I don't have a problem with capture. Not being able to play back in media player is a niggle, because usually the avi's go into Registax for processing.

I'm using the latest IC capture V2.1, and yes it does ocasionally freeze...

Media Player V11 under my XPsp3 seems to work ( most of the time)

I haven't tried any other capture software with the DMK.

OK I've found the solution. The laptop I was using to play back the avi files did not have IC Capture installed on it. WMP would not play the avi's. Installing IC capture also installs the required codex and now WMP plays the avi's!

Archived