Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wide angle eyepieces

Hi all,

Thinking of getting some wide angle e/p's looking at the Meade QX 15mm and 20mm,or for the price of those two i could buy the 3 Revelation 12mm,15mm,and 20mm w/angle e/p's anyone tried these?

Regards nibber:D

I am not sure if this can take 2" eyepieces? if it will then as such a slow scope (nice scope by the way!) it would be worth considering 2" eyepieces as this would provide more field which is important with a 2m focal length.

eg the 40mm WO SWAN William Optics - William Optics SWAN eyepiece would give nearly 1.4 degrees of field - almost 3x that of the 15mm QX and I bet you could get a used one for about the same money.

if not a 32mm TV plossl (maybe £50-60 used) would give about 0.8 degrees in your scope which I think is the largest field in a 1.25" eyepiece, as is the 24mm Panoptic, albeit at a lot more cost.

given the focal ratio of your scope you could use most eyepieces with no issues and therefore many of the wide field units would be good, it just depends on your budget and desired magnification.

Do bear in mind though that if you buy a slower scope some eyepieces will not work so well (hence my Televue recommendation) and you may just end up buying them all again - that said, there's always a ready used market for eyepieces and hence my suggestion to buy used off here (after you have accrued 50+ posts of course).

Hi there,

The Revelations i am looking at are 1.25",but i believe i can get an adapter to take 2" e/p's,(yes cant wait get my 50 posts up ! does the for sale/wanted section then automatically become available btw?),

Regards nibber

Hi there,

The Revelations i am looking at are 1.25",but i believe i can get an adapter to take 2" e/p's,(yes cant wait get my 50 posts up ! does the for sale/wanted section then automatically become available btw?),

Regards nibber

I am pretty sure it does come up after a short gap.

Archived