I posted a while back a little disheartened with my new hobby and was thinking of selling my SW 200P Dob

Anyway thanks for all your replies and inspiration.

I have now found M13 and last night M57 in poor skys. Fantastic .

This is getting very interesting now. Cant wait till the skys get a little darker. Going to get some better EPs also.

Thanks for your replies before.

Pleased that you are sticking with it.

It can be both very frustrating and enormously rewarding.

Once sold all my kit and then two months later the bug bit again!!

Those clear stable winter nights will soon be here again.:)

Excellent - I don't think there's anything to beat finding your first DSO. In my case I tried for several nights before someone suggested I should start simple with M42 which is relatively easy to find - wow - what a thrill when I saw it for the first time - and then Andromeda. As much as I love my astrophotography, it's still nice to do some visual every now and then.

Stick at it - it's worth it - just expect the occasional dissappointing night - it's the nature of the hobby.

well.....you've seen more than me:(.....and thoughts of giving up have'nt even crossed my mind:eek:......in fact....to help me cope with the poor weather conditions,I've bought some bins and a smaller grab and go frac:D......sorry for the continued poor weather.....:)

Well done sticking it out Culator - you've got all the interesting stuff coming up through the autumn - orion neb, behive cluster, pliedes, sombrero galaxy, andromeda neb and galaxy, blinking galaxy optical illusion - you're gonna have a thrilling time.

Tip - get some warm clothes while they're cheap during summer lol :)

Archived