Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I had a go at the ISS last night, prime focus with my 10" newt last night.

I had Satellite tracker set up to try and track the ISS but i failed miserably at that.:D

So after trying to sync the mount to The ISS for half the pass I aborted and unlocked the clutches to go bazooka style for the second half of the pass.

Managed to grab a 4 frame pass through the Chip but the exposure I had set was too fast (1/2000 low gain) , fine for the modules but disappointing on the solar panels.

Taken with my DMK21 and 10" newt @ 60 FPS.

Mike.

post-13376-133877459156_thumb.jpg

Nice one Mike...

I found with Sattracker you must have the most uptdate Orbital elements you can get (I use a Spacetrak account and get them an hour or so before) and that your computers clock should be synced to one of the "standards" just before the pass...

I also preview the pass by using the option to temporarily advance the computers time... essential to avoid cable snags etc....

I use a joystick to tweak the tracking speed during the pass...

Peter...

Thanks guys.:D

Peter I updated the PC clock with Internet time, but the sat data was about a day old I will update just before the run next time.:p

I wasn't convinced it was going to work anyway as Skymap pro 10, satellite tracker and heavens above all predicted slightly different times for the pass even though they were all set with the same Lat/ long.

Mike.

Archived