Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pin hole camera images

the rev

I have two different can. We drilled a hole in the front and then got a piece of tinfoil which we placed a pinhole in and stuck it carefully over the hole in the tin (checking light was actually getting through).

We use B & W Ilford paper which came in a bag of 50. Smallest they could do as so few people use it now a days. (luckily our camera store still deals in some 35mm stuff)

Then you place it in in a darken room, and rap the whole thing up in gaffer tape, making sure no leaks can get in and I put one of mine on the side of a tree and the other on a rose arch.

Works really well, and I have enough paper for the next 20 years.

Kate

they are spectacular!

what is the focal ratio of your pinhole-can?

Can you tell us something more about the kind of paper (eg, which contrast index) and the kind of development? I have in the garage some sheet of Tetenal paper (contrast index 4, hard) and some Agfa Neutol to develop.... :-)

thanks

ciao!

dan

Hello

Not sure how to go about working out the focal ratio. It is a standard can of dog food with a hole in the front.

The paper is Ilford photographic paper, glossy brilliant, medium weight, resin coated base. 12,7 x 17,8 cm; 25.

That is all the details from the front of the pack. There is nothing about contrast index.

Development is really simple. I put it in a scanner, scan the image and then place it in photoshop and inver it and then do a little processing, rarely needs much.

Hope that helps.

Kate

thanks for the info,

I'll try with some cans (with different hole's size)

I've already tried to take picture with a pinhole camera, but only daytime photos:

http://weega.fotopic.net/c777777.html

To build the camera I've taken a camera found in a box of laundry soap (in Italy it was quite common some years ago) and I've excanged the lens with a pinhole. I made some pinholes, I measuared their size with a scanner (at high dpi) and then I've chosen the good one that was in accord with Rayleigh criterion ( Pinhole camera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

I'm curious because with the Rayleigh criterion on negative film the exposure time in daylight is around 1 minute (it depends from the focal lenght and form film's ISO), probably photographic paper has a very low sensivity respect to negative film.

Thanks again for the info

ciao

dan

I'm trying different size tins. i have the dog food tin, a larger coffee tin and a medium sized tin, just to see how the different images come out.

Really nice images Dan, I like the clarity in them.

Kate

Archived