Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First try with atik 383

Neil27

Had a window of about 2 hours last night, so decided to test the camera. Both images 3x4minutes unguided. Acquired with Artemis, stacked in DSS and light process in cs3.

So first image is m51 with the 75mm pentax, cropped.

Second is m101 with the 105 pentax, uncropped.

Most of the time was spent trying to get good focus, which is why the m51 image was with the small pentax, not ideal just used it from the previous nights attempts!

Also the processing wasn't exactly subtle, just have tried to 'force' out any details with not a lot of data. So far though the camera and software are very easy to use - all images cooled to -20 and no dew or moisture evident.

Oh and no filters in place, just shot the images with the camera as it comes, waiting for my h aplha to arrive!

Be gentle it is my first try with ccd.....:)

post-15843-133877456746_thumb.jpg

post-15843-133877456758_thumb.jpg

No worries there Neil. The camera will do a great job for you.

It's produced a decent result from so little data, and I wouldn't think any criticism would be justified anyway.

Some very fine images will becoming our way soon, and no mistake.

Ron. :)

Hi Neil,

Nice to see some more 383 results. I have my eye on one for the future.

I think the Pentax scopes are flat. Now, I don't know if it's just my eyes or a jpeg effect but I downloaded your full frame to have a really good look and the central and left hand stars look good. The right hand, especially the top right look stretched slightly. Is the camera orthoganal ?

Please be assured this is not a negative criticism of your scopes or prowess :) Maybe a trial of CCDInspector is in order or new glasses for me !

Dave.

Thanks Ron, quite pleased with my first efforts.

Dave, yep I see them too - I think you may be right. I swapped the camera mid session and may have not got it lined up perfectly, also unguided so may have a little effect.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Just need more time and experience.

Good news. One to watch for the future.

I'm also impressed that you got 4 mins unguided. Are you the new Deneb ? He certainly drives the unguided imaging forward.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Ha efforts soon.

Dave.

Archived