NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lagoon Nebula M8

athlon

Howdy

This is from an ex-pat, living down under. Nothing great or fancy, just several 10min subs with a QHY8 on an 8" F5 Reflector, guided with an Orion SSAG, 80mm Scope, and an EQ6. Several things wrong with, core is burned out, and i couldnt be bothered sorting it etc, image is processed with flats, but no darks, the stock crayford on the scope is giving me jip, as the blobby stars show, and needs to be upgraded.

TBH, the main reason for posting it, is that i remember this doesn't rise very high from Glasgow, or the UK in general for that matter, shame as its a lovely object, and when it passes overhead in the milky way here in Australia, it truly does look staggering.

anywayz, here it is.

lagstack.jpg

Cracking nebula. I think the core is only a tad saturated. I'd be more keen to try to get the background sky level up a bit, personally. It looks a little clipped. I bet the data has more to give you because the lagoon is sitting in a fair bit of extended Ha.

But again, the nebula is lovely - and high in the sky, you lucky devil.

Olly

A fantastic object that I wish was better positioned here in the UK. You have got loads of signal and the tracking looks focus look good. I agree with Olly that the black level is too high and you will have lost some of the fainter stuff. A few tweeks and it would be a real top shelf image :rolleyes:

Regards

Kevin

Archived