NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First ever moon mosaic!!

Space Cowboy

Finally got around to putting together a moon mosaic! Images taken June 17th. Think there are about 16 separate images knitted together using Imerge. Conditions were not good after a warm day the moon was low over hayshed which was causing images to wax and wane. Experimented using a barlow tube without the lens producing f 17.7. Each image was best 100 frames from 500. Everything was going fine until the last piece of the jigsaw which was slightly out both in shape and brightness (see if you can find it!). Not sure how the brightness changed though the moon was very low at the end of imaging and a bush may have gotten in the way therefore changing the appearance!

Quite pleased with the result being a rookie mosaic. Hopefully will do better next time under more stable imaging conditions.

space-cowboy-albums-moon-picture5399-mosaic-final-finish-sharp-paintnet.png

Great image. The shape maybe just down to the amount of time taken to compile the mosaic, the Moon appears to "turn" as viewed from Earth as it changes position in the sky. This causes panes not to match if they are taken over too long a period of time.

It might be worth trying rotating the problem pane a little (its the Mare Fecunditatis pane, is it?)

A fine looking Mosaic. I'm sure you can sort the wayward pane.

It's such a good image, it is worth the effort to do so.

If this is your first attempt, then the future is very good for you in mosaic imagery.

Ron.:)

That's a very good result. I can't see any particular problems but I'm using a very small screen. If it's a rotation issue load that pane into registax and on the final tab is an easy rotation tool, adjust save and try the fit, repeat as needed.

Thanks for your comments guys!

Yes GazOC the pane overlaps Mare Fecunditatis as you mentioned I probably took too long with the imaging. Next time will try 15fps rather than 7fps (each pane took 1min).

Thanks for the tip John I will rotate the rouge pane and see what happens.

Archived