Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

North America-Pelican widefield.

ollypenrice

I have to say it was both great fun capturing the data (a bit of a scramble with poor weather and short nights), and then very impressive to watch a Photoshop master teasing out all of the detail in the data.

Me - I was just blown away by the H-alpha image on it's own!

Richard Miller

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi

I hope mr olly made you welcome :) did you use the resident stuff or take some of your own

harry

He certainly did!

And I used his kit which is way beyond my current level, and which, even more important, is properly aligned! The Tak FSQ 85 coupled with the mono Atik 4000 and EQ^ was a dream to use. Even for a novice like me.

The only thing I took was my new 40mm Skywatcher Aero eyepiece. We compared it with his 35mm Televue Panoptic on his giant Dob, and I could not detect that much difference. Olly was also impressed, I think I bought a good-un there. Thanks to FLO for steering me in that direction.

Richard

He certainly did!

And I used his kit which is way beyond my current level, and which, even more important, is properly aligned! The Tak FSQ 85 coupled with the mono Atik 4000 and EQ^ was a dream to use. Even for a novice like me.

The only thing I took was my new 40mm Skywatcher Aero eyepiece. We compared it with his 35mm Televue Panoptic on his giant Dob, and I could not detect that much difference. Olly was also impressed, I think I bought a good-un there. Thanks to FLO for steering me in that direction.

Richard

I can confirm that the SW was very good indeed, coma free at f4.1 in a Newt, so hats off to that one.

Olly

I have to say it was both great fun capturing the data (a bit of a scramble with poor weather and short nights), and then very impressive to watch a Photoshop master teasing out all of the detail in the data.

Me - I was just blown away by the H-alpha image on it's own!

Richard Miller

Yes I must work harder on weaning him of photoshop :)

Harry

Archived