Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which EP would YOU keep?

I'd keep the Vixen because it shows about the same amount of sky as the 40mm does but with a 50mm FoV which, IMHO, is more pleasing than the tube-like 43 degree FoV of the 40mm. Additionally, and of more practical advantage, the Vixen shows that area of sky with a higher magnification which tends to darken the background sky so faint DSO's can be seen a little more easily.

John i totally agree with what you said. That's why i am keeping the Vixen. The Celestron is also a good EP but the Vixen just really outperforms it especially at picking up DSO's.

TT i don't suppose you have any more Vixen EP's that you want to sell?

'Fraid not, that was my one and only!

I'm glad it's gone to a good home though, and I hope it gives you many excellent views.

And by the by, Paul is a great bloke to do business with - prompt payer and excellent communicator.

Stop, you will make me blush.LOL.

"excellent communicator".

My ex would disagree with you on that.

I have to say that i LOVE this EP. It does a fantastic job of picking up "faint fuzzies" (DSO's). It gives great contrast between them and the surrounding sky, making them appear brighter then they do with any other EP i have. Image across the FOV is sharp and bright.

I may have just found a range of EP's that i would be happy to invest in ($40-50 each new). I only need a high power one (8-10mm) and a mid-range one (15mm) and then i can get rid of all my GSO's.

I have a TAL 2x so technically i dont need a mid-range one but i like to try things with a 2x and without.

keep the vixen!

IMHO 40mm plossls with 31.8mm barrell have no meaning to exist :rolleyes:

because of their too narrow apparent field of view

ciao

dan

Yeah i really do not like the 43 degree AFOV of the Celestron. The Vixen i bought has the same 50 degrees AFOV as the 32mm i replaced it with but is a far superior EP optically.

I cant seem to shift the Celestron on the for sale section. Maybe i'll put it in the trade section instead.

Archived