NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crescent Nebula

Neil I

Here is the result of 1hr 41m of 3min exposures of the Crescent Nebula taken last night. It's only had a quick run through PS and needs lots more exposure but I'm really happy with the result so far. It's quite a dim object and the 1000d seems to have done a pretty good job with Ha as it's still unmodded (but for how long laughing7.gif ). Guided with PHD and stacked in DSS with darks and flats and processed in PS. First image is 100% and second is 50% crop.

All comments welcomeicon_thumright.gif

Cheers

Neil

post-14123-133877455927_thumb.jpg

post-14123-133877455936_thumb.jpg

WOW, great result.:)

I have a 1000d and last night I shot the Crescent with a 200mm lens from Ebay.But once I sorted out the LP during processing there was not much showing.

Did you use an LP filter?

Mike.

Did you use an LP filter?

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, I always use my Astronomik CLS filter. I doubt I'd get a decent 60s sub without it - everything would be bright orange. Isn't street lighting wonderful :)

Cheers

Neil

I was able to get a couple more nights of imaging in the week which takes the total exposure time to 3hr 51m. Here is the result of the extra subs. I found the processing really difficult with this one, trying to get a balanced image without the stars becoming too overpowering. I'm sure there's more to get out of this data but I'm still happy with what I've been able to achieve so far.

Cheers :th:

Neil

post-14123-133877457029_thumb.jpg

post-14123-133877457038_thumb.jpg

Archived