Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Synscan hand set

Once I've set the HEQ5 Sysnscan Pro up and it's tracking an object can I disconnect the handset?

I know the simple answer is to give it a go but just wondered if someone already knew since I suspect the answer will be the crunch of grinding gears!!!

Once I've set the HEQ5 Sysnscan Pro up and it's tracking an object can I disconnect the handset?

I know the simple answer is to give it a go but just wondered if someone already knew since I suspect the answer will be the crunch of grinding gears!!!

Why would you want to do that anyway?

Ahh I see - well - if it's a permenant pier installation then I would imagine you only need to get it polar aligned once, then switch off, reconnect, then switch on again all ready and controllable from the pc or handset indoors. I wouldn't leave it running whilst switching cables though - you'll loose the polar alignment otherwise, and risk blowing the handset or motors. Restarting from a known polar aligned position you should be able to move directly to an object then refine the alignment :D

if it's a permenant pier installation then I would imagine you only need to get it polar aligned once, then switch off

Park the scope before switching off & you don't need to redo the alignment - just plug everything in, switch on & start finding objects.

Archived