NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ngc7000

astrokat

i love this area of sky ive manage to get 2h 30min in 5min subs guided with the lvi im most inpressed with the guider pin point stars worth every penny ive gone with a gentile process trying to keep star colour

any advice is all ways welcome

thanks for looking

toby

post-16988-133877452571_thumb.jpg

The pic might look even better if you crop out the left side of the frame, where it is mainly background stars, and a bit of coma maybe in the corners.

The guiding looks good, but it would be better if you could share how you processed the image.. How many stacks did you take? What did you do to align and process them? What techniques did you use? How dark is your local sky? What did the un-processed frames look like? etc...

The pictures are great, but the story of how we produce them is much more interesting.

Clear skies

Chris

ok so last night i manage a fue more hours last night in all 7h 45 min all iso 800 in 5 and 8 min subs all stacked in dss and processed in photoshop cs2 also using noels action guiding with the lvi guider

thanks for looking

and processing advice would be good thanks

toby

post-16988-13387745299_thumb.jpg

the mylar works very well on the pier, i have done quite a bit of refinement to the observatory and scope, im just getting it to how i want it;)

i use Colab, its a pro lab based in Coventry, you will need to callibrate your monitor to their machines to get good colour reproduction.......most pc monitors are close...it all depends on how picky you are....I am!

download their software and set up an account....but there are quite a few other companies that will do this service for you... ive used them for about 18years or so.

ohh thanks pete gonna do this now whats the mylar for i see you even have rain sensors that wicked i have to set the alarm of every other hour and check mine leaves me all over the place the next day lol

Archived