SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

any ideas what i can look for tonight

Hey Melibum,

Im hoping to get first light with my scope tonight and I am out to hunt for the following:

M101

M82

M81

M57

M27

Gonna work my way down the list starting with the ones near Ursa Major. Not sure how lucky Ill get but we shall see :-)

Now the moon is out of the way................i'd say have a go at M57 in Lyra (the Ring Nebula). I saw it for the 1st time last week with the moon in the sky and LOVED it.

I cant wait for a second go at it. Cloudy here tonight so no joy for me i'm afraid but it is STUNNING.

I saw it with 130mm scope so your 200mm should be even better.

I was out with my 4" last night at my first clear night on a dark-ish sky site with the new scope....Saturn made me gasp, pin sharp, ring shadow and four moons clearly visible... while M13 leapt at me through the finder and then showed me a gorgeous 'burst' of a myriad stars, resolved quite a way in to the core at 150x ....go for it .. two easy but breathtaking sights :D

Dave

It's a good night for the globular clusters: M3 in Canes Venatici, M5 in Serpens Caput, M10 and M12 in Ophiuchus and M13 in Hercules.

Was out imaging something else last night and found a globular cluster in the field - checked it out on CdC and it was M12 - nice surprise.

Archived