Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon 2 Oct - with labels

moondog

Thanks for the comments.

I know when I first joined the SGL, and looked at the posted images of the moon, I didn't know what I was looking at.

If it's the moon's disk, or a close up of one feature which would give you a clue with the title of the post, it's OK. Main difficulty, when you are starting, is with the medium close up shots like the one I've just posted - hence the labels.

As you will be aware with other recent posts the moon's not easy to image at the moment. I know this image is certainly not one of my best, but I was pleased with it bearing in mind the low resolution setting of the DSLR and the conditions. Some may say that the labels were put on to take your eye away from the quality of the image - and perhaps they're not wrong!

8)

MD

Its a good image MD , i try to lable as many Moon images when i get chance as it gives some meaning to the image being posted. If you find you have an image that is fanatsic then keep one Labels free and post another with labels :wink:

Nice Job.

James

Montes Carpates.

This is a lovely mountain range W/E near Copernicus severn Mountains joining together with valleys that run deep on the Lunar landscape they stand tall at over 7000 ft.. It's fun to keep an observation on these as time at the eyepiece goes by, as the shadows can play tricks with you mind i have observed..

James

Archived