Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 2010-05-29

I'm sure you'll find jupiter's cloud bands will be more easily seen than saturns once it is higher in the sky and out of the haze near the horizon. It will also be quite a lot closer to earth in a couple of months and so details will appear bigger.

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of the views of Jupiter at the moment will show it "boiling" due to being low in the sky. Things will pick up though shortly and you will get better views of the bands and zones on the disc. Even Jupiter can be quite challenging at times.

Alot of the views of Jupiter at the moment will show it "boiling" due to being low in the sky. Things will pick up though shortly and you will get better views of the bands and zones on the disc. Even Jupiter can be quite challenging at times.

Yes...the higher in the sky it gets the easier it will be. I was out observing it on Sat morning. In the space of half hour's observing the boiling lessened as it got higher

This morning, I got Jupiter to see it's dissapeared SEB. I really don't know why, but it seems to me, Saturn's bands are easier to see in my telescope than Jupiter's...

What Type of scope have you got :)

Archived