NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Forum Downtime - Tonight

Hi everyone,

Just letting you all know, the forum will be offline during the early hours of Monday morning (tonight). As you may have known from a different thread, there has been a few periods of slowness with our current server, this was due to a mixup with the hosting company, basically they accidently put more people on the server than they were supposed to. After brining this to their attention their first thought was to simply move some people to a new server, however this would have resulted in alot of downtime, between 24-48 hours for the people that have to be moved.

Instead, the server is going to be beefed up, rather than having ordinary SATA hard-drives as it does now, it will have a SCSI/RAID5 disk array which should be alot quicker and resolve any issues of slowness we have experienced. They have also promised to monitor the situation and if problems still occur they will go ahead with splitting the users up to different servers.

They estimate it will take around 4 and it will occur between 3am and 11am tomorrow morning so hopefully not to many of you should be affected.

Cheers,

Grant

Warthog, the forum automagically puts the date in posts, so if you look, it says "

Forum Downtime - Tonight " then underneath it says: « on: Today at 05:27:24 PM » obviously Today will change to todays date after today...

I'll post any updates as and when I get them....

Warthog, the forum automagically puts the date in posts, so if you look, it says "

Forum Downtime - Tonight " then underneath it says: « on: Today at 05:27:24 PM » obviously Today will change to todays date after today...

I'll post any updates as and when I get them....

Yeah, but I had to waste a valuable mouse click to get into the forum and read tha... OH! Never mind! :grin::wink:

Archived