Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

!!Paramount and 16'' SCT how to mount!!?

Hey guys,

I need some help finding the part to order for fitting a 16'' LX200 to a Paramount?

i have until tomorrow?

if i don't show there is a way then we don't get to order the paramount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the enjoyment of many student and several memebers of this forum depend on the responces

thanks

I don't know if there's any specific solution, how about a huge dovetail bar bolted to the SCT? Does the Paramount have a dovetail clamp?

I'm sure there are lots of fabrication workshops that could knock something up, it should be quite straight forward.

well that looks like the solution so far but if you look at the MAX mount they have a silver dovetail plate with sides that hold the OTA where the fork mount would hold it???

I really was just wondering if anyone has seen or use something like this?

ally

ngc

I assume you're buying the standard Versaplate with the Paramount. In which case, have a look at the Parallax Rings on the Parallax Instruments site. They have them for most scopes inc the Meade 16". Not cheap but fantastic quality

HTH

Steve

Archived