Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 from Kelling

davew

This is the first serious attempt at imaging with a C8 on a brand new EQ6 by Richard Darn ( Dixie ).

Kelling is a good a place to start due to the fact there are so many people to advise on the best methods. As luck would have it the Hubble Heritage Team were on the Red field in a big white van :)

Steve ( of Stayfocused fame ) got hit all weekend by us both. Poor bloke.

Here it is at last. M101, C8, 6.3 reducer, Nikon D90. Guided with a Celestron 80mm and DMK. PHD on default settings ( there are just so many things you can do on a first try out ). 4 minute subs stacked in DSS then processed in CS by me. So you know who to blame.

And while all this was going on in the background, visual observing with the C14. Magic.

I think it's a good start. M82 may follow.

Dave.

post-13139-133877446377_thumb.jpg

Thanks Russ and Alan,

We went reasonably light on you Alan :) I'll bet Steve was brassed off with us. It does show the benefit of face to face Q&A.

Richard Darn took the shot. I only dragged it out into the daylight. At least we have a fair idea what to do now. Thanks again.

Dave.

Archived