Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The eyes M84 etc

Ibbo!

An image taken over 4 nights of M86 NGC 4435/38(the eyes) and a few friends

Taken with the Tak fs 102 constisting of about 45 x 600 s images Flats applied no darks

unfortunatley the colour frames will not calibrate with the flats I have so it mono only

or link to web page http://www.astrosphere.org.uk/M86%20the%20eyes%20etc%20April%202010.htm

post-16491-133877446156_thumb.jpg

Very nice capture.

You have blown the galaxy cores a little when pushing the data...there's some interesting stuff going on in the 'eyes' that's not coming through here but I'm sure is there in your original data.

What approach did you use when stretching the data?

Cheers

Rob

Very nice capture.

You have blown the galaxy cores a little when pushing the data...there's some interesting stuff going on in the 'eyes' that's not coming through here but I'm sure is there in your original data.

What approach did you use when stretching the data?

Cheers

Rob

I agree with you Rob

When converted to a jpeg I lose a bit but I lose even more when posted here :):icon_scratch:

I use PS levels and curves

It would help if I learned how to mask and bring the detail out in the arms without blowing the core

Steve

Great luminance. In what way won't the colour calibrate?

Olly

When I took the first couple of nights data I was running the colour (Mx716 with the Sw 80 Pro and atik FW) on the same PC as the L(SXh9 FS 102) with The Sky running the mount.

There is something odd happening with this setup as when the sky is connected to the mount it upsets the 716 data very odd as the ccd is usb and the mount is on serial :):icon_scratch:

On the other runs the 716 was controlled by the laptop and the flats I used do not match the RGB's as they add artefacts to the image

I might be able to take some more that match better as things have not be moved since I took the final set of data (I think) but I need a dry night to redo them as taking flats even with e panel in day time don't match either

Steve

Archived