Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Equinox 66

johnrt

Does anyone use the Equinox 66 for imaging? I've had a good search and don't seem to see anybody using one.

I thought it may be a good alternative to my 750mm 6" reflector with a DSLR & flattener for a widefield setup when those nubulas come around again this winter.

Thanks for the info, this is definitely going on to my shopping list.

Does anyone sell tube rings to fit the 66?

Skywatcher ones only start at 90mm. I'd like to use it with my st80 piggybacked on it for guiding.

Or would it be better suited to a dual mount bar setup?

Most people who just image with a DSLR & small scope like a 66 use the L Bracket shoe which comes provided with the scope, not to say you can't buy them or that their not good.

Nadeem..

Most people who just image with a DSLR & small scope like a 66 use the L Bracket shoe which comes provided with the scope, not to say you can't buy them or that their not good.

Nadeem..

The ST80 came with tube rings, so I suppose I could just do it the other way round.

Piggyback the 66 on the back of the guide scope using the L shoe.

Archived