Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4565 and M92, with my new modded 1000d

tooth_dr

I recently bought a 1000d camera, and modded it myself by removing one of the two filters within it. Baader filters are impossible to come by, and it seems that you don't actually need them. The remaining filter is supposed to behave just like the Baader one. Can you tell by the images, if all looks ok?

Last night and Monday night were my first real attempts using the camera.

I love the new camera, the liveview, using a Bahnitov mask. It's a dream to focus with. I have it running off 12v now, and even at ISO1600, it's not too shabby.

Clouds put paid to 75% of last nights subs of NGC4565, only salvaging 16 x 300s at ISO1600.

M92, was a little more, about 22 subs. The core is a little burnt out, but the star colour comes through ok I think.

I'm looking forward to getting more subs of NGC4565, it's just beautiful :D Gettting images like these, when it all runs relatively smoothly is why I enjoy astroimaging, and it makes me forget about all the 'bad' nights.

Processed on my laptop so please forgive any odd colour/gradients. All images taken through 250px, on an EQ6pro, guided with an ED80/Toucam. DSS, CS2, GradXterminator. Flats and Darks (50+ of each)

NGC4565web.jpg

NGC4565closeweb.jpg

M92web.jpg

M92closeweb.jpg

The widefield galaxy shot's a cracker - bet you're pleased with that??!!

Plenty of detail in them dust lanes, great colour and I particularly like the surrounding field with all those extra 'faint fuzzies'...

The clusters not too bad either! Have you tried some layer masking in Photoshop...? (sounds like I know what I'm talking about!) as that might help retrieve some of the core details.....

Thanks for sharing and clear skies!

Damian

There is a bit of an issue with the 1000d/400d ones, at least that's what Bern at MA told me. He pointed me towards Andy at Astronomiser, where there is an explanation of what the two internal filters do. I lose autofocus (retain sensor cleaning), but tbh I've tried it, and it seems pretty close for normal 'holiday' type shooting. Anyhow I'll never use it for anything other than astro work as I've a 400d I use for daytime shooting.

Thanks chaps for the comments. NGC4565 should look great with a few more hours exposure.

Archived