NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Baader Red-Dot finder

FLO

Just put the new Baader Red-Dot finder into stock :wink:

image.jpg

Quality German engineering with a nicely machined sealed optical tube and large, 40mm coated glass optics!

It makes the other plastic 1x finder-scopes appear toylike.

Supplied with bases to fit almost any telescope. Also comes with Dew Caps/Lens Shades and captive protective caps.

Cost after SGL discount £54 +£3 P&P

Order here: http://tinyurl.com/yaj77k

Review here: http://tinyurl.com/yb6k5l

It comes with several fittings to suit the usual suspects ... Vixen, Celestron, Meade, GSO, Helios, Orion, Konus, etc.

BTW, I discovered today that Baader have based the design on a military riflescope that is offered at twice the price with (at least for astronomical purposes) inferior properties.

Hi Bern,

Welcome back (I've been expecting you :wink:)

Thank you for correcting me.

I must admit, I didn't think to check how the red-dot is generated - I will be more careful in future.

Thanks Steve, it's nice to be back :grin:

Just thought the mention of a laser would put some people off because of safety concerns

bern

OK, had a peer inside:

The light from the diode (which is sealed and out of sight) is projected via a fiber optic set in epoxy resin .... at least thats how it appears.

The projected red spot is clean, clear and sharp. The large wheel on top adjusts the spot's brightness (10 steps) and two metal knobs (one is shown in pic) adjusts it's position.

:wink:

I thought my red-dot finder used some really clever trick to put the red dot on the glass, then one day I was looking at it from the front, and realized it has an LED on the back of the finder that reflects off the glass in the little window. I was so disappointed. The really marvellous thing about these is that it doesn't matter if you can get your head into a position to put the red dot in the centre of the window; as long as the red dot covers the target, you're on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived