Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Using a DMK Cam and PHD

I am trying to use my DNK to guide with so that I can use (along with the F3.3 reducer) my Meade DSI to image with (just want to try it really). The problem is that although I set the exposure to say 1 second in PHD the camera still seems to be set to 60fps behind the scenes so to speak. PHD just seems to show the last frame (out of the 60fps) every second - if that makes sense! So.... does anybody know how to set the DMK exposure within PHD?

The exposure "slider" in PHD has no effect on the actual cam itself.

Click on the "Camera Dialog" button (on the right), this will open up the settings for the camera iteself.

One of the tab's has the exposure settings untick the box (it'll be set for 1/30th), then slide the slider to the right till you get to 1 or 2 second.

Then back in phd set it to match.

You'll have to do this every time...

Also another tip - always use the slider as you cannot just put in *any* exposure in the Camera Dialog settings - it spits it's dummy out.

HTH

Ant

Thanks Blinky for raising the question and Ant for answering it. I've only just started with guiding and was puzzled as to the apparent lack of sensitivity of my DMK but it hadn't yet been a major problem as I have managed to find a guide star. This will be a great improvement.

Dave

This works if your using the IS DMK Camera as a "Windows WDM-style webcam camera" in PHD...

It doesnt work if you select the "The Imaging Source (DCAM Firewire)" - I had used this as it seem sto work for USB as well... if uou use this type the Cam Dialog box is greyed out...

Peter...

Archived