NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello everybody :)

Totnesdave

Hi there

I'm just finding my way back into active astronomy after a break of some time, this hobby tends to make way all too often for my love of electric guitars and music ;)

I dragged my old 2.4mm equatorially mounted refractor out of the garage to find it seems to have been a victim of bad storage over the years, just doesn't function or focus any longer, but I have had it 25 years and gained much pleasure from it, especially on 'all-nighter's when I was a teenager.

I may be the lucky recipient of a new telescope for my birthday (lucky me) so am speccing one out - will post in the 'Equipment' forum shortly for some guidance :)

My love of astronomy started at an early age, some things which stick in my memory are seeing Saturn and Jupiter, the galilean satellites for the first time. Although I wanted to study astrophysics, I didn't get that far, but did end up involved in solid state physics and microelectronics, though these days that is long past and I have become a form of digital artist in virtual worlds on the internet, life is an evolution :(

I'm in Totnes, and would quite like to hook up with any local groups, especially when I have some gear again :(

cheers, & clear skies to all !

Dave.

Hi Dave - welcome to SGL.. did you really mean a 2.4mm refractor ? If so, then I'm pretty sure that you may not have seen the universe for what it really is ;)

Good luck on your 'scope hunting. All the advice you need... is here and it's free !

Cheers

Steve

;) Thanks, and yes I did indeed mean a 2.4" refractor, a blue tubed equatorially mounted Prinz 600 from Dixons in about 1984, since being in storage in its box during various moves, something has happened to it...cannot bring anything to focus any longer, oh well, I was always frustrated by wanting to see much more anyhow, it's time to take a step on to something more serious :)

Archived