Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Barnsley

Swinton and Mexborough would be regarded as Barnsley's local society - they have an observatory not far from Wentworth. Check them out on the internet. They are a very active lot and the guy I met was a really nice chap. Other than that Huddersfield is not too far away.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I am a member of the MSAS (Nr Barnsley). I live in Wakefield and don't find the distance (60 round trip) so bad. The MSAS is a very friendly and informative group with many very knowledgeable people who readily help and pass on techniques to beginners (like me)

The observatory (Hoober) is wonderful. Their mount and OTAs are something to be behold AND you get it use it :).

All-in-all an excellent group.

Danny

Swinton and Mexborough would be regarded as Barnsley's local society - they have an observatory not far from Wentworth. Check them out on the internet. They are a very active lot and the guy I met was a really nice chap. Other than that Huddersfield is not too far away.

Richard

i cant find owt on the net any links?

• 5 years later...

Archived