Telescopeplanet.co.uk!

Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems with them outstanding?

I ordered some bins a while back and all I can get out of them is silly emails telling me to email someone else as they're out of the office etc.

Basically I'm being slow pedalled, the number given doesn't work and they've taken my money.

If anyone else has an outstanding issue I'd be happy to participate in a group action.

Dave

If you have any way to cancel then do it.

You should buy from a supplier with a good reputation. Either FLO (sponsor on top) or any with good reviews on the supplier reviews section.

Ive had problems with them and many others too,

If you can get your money bk and go to flo or someone else, contact trading standards and tell them you prob, they should get your money back far quicker than you could, endless emails and and unanswered phone calls is all youll get by your self.

My first purchase from them (My Scope) came overnight. After that I tried purchasing other accessories and have had nothing but trouble. First it's in stock and it's coming tomorrow - 2weeks later I get the wrong one (a cheaper one) - apologies and 'right one is coming tomorrow' - 1 week later still not got right one and 'sorry it was out of stock.' 'OK I'll keep this one and please refund the difference.' Ok that's fine - Still not had my refund over a month later.

When you can get hold of them they make all the right noises but then nothing happens.

I've had similar experience with Scopes 'n' Skies too.

Result - They wont get my custom again!

However, I've had excellent service from FLO and Harrison Telescopes

If the website is well designed then there are higher chances that the shop is alive and working as expected. I often contact with mail with various shops and feedback I get (if any) allows me to make a whitelist of shops from which I can buy.

If someone makes a internet shop and doesn't care about it - bad company.

Mods, is it prudent for the forum to suggest to the membership a list of recommended suppliers of which FLO would head the list of course, but there are many reliable companies with a good feed back history, especially companies dealing with specialized goods and services, the firms mentioned in the previous threads could be listed but just marked " not recommended by the forum ".

SGL does not recommend any retailers, except of course FLO.

But we realise that there are loads out there that people will use and want to tell others about.

So if you look in the supplier review section Supplier Reviews - Stargazers Lounge you'll see all the supplier reviews that SGL member have posted.

The posts are locked and reviews for the same supplier are grouped together.

This, we hope, is a much better way of finding out if a supplier is good or bad.

HTH

Ant

I've locked this thread now as it'll go down the supplier bashing route very quickly and we don't allow that. :D

Archived